Interest in getting new ARAH/O-ring parts

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interest in getting new ARAH/O-ring parts

Post by copperbob on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:32 am

Was talking with Carlos Jimenez about the interest may be in getting some new sculpted ARAH/O-ring parts made. I asked the one of the best sculptors out there about doing some parts and he gave me a price. I would be willing to pay for the cost up front and only ask for any help you could offer . I would start a poll for a torso and waist combo and a separate head. If interested post what you would like to see and if you would be willing to help share the cost of getting the parts made. Like I said I would pay for the parts out of my pocket and only ask for donations from my fellow members. Im not looking to make money on this venture just want the chance to get more ARAH/O-ring parts that we may never see. Anything over the cost charged by the sculptor would be put into a fund for the next project. Thanks for reading this post and hoping that we can come together as a ARAH/O-Ring customizer community to get the ball rolling on getting new parts. My first suggestion for a new torso would be a Plague style sweater torso and Zanya head.

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interest in getting new ARAH/O-ring parts

Post by copperbob on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:34 am

Ok just to be a little clearer. I have been talking to Rambo and Krexx about getting some new ARAH parts. I would pay Krexx up front out of my own pocket and only ask members help me out with the cost. Ever little bit helps and I know everyone cant pay the same amount do to lifes issues. I would start a poll for everyone to vote on and once it is determined who the winner is I ask Krexx if it doable. Im looking for a mid March deadline to determine what parts we want the most. If it works out I would be more than willing to cover the initial cost of getting a new torso/waist and new head every few months but to be honest cant cover the price without getting a little back from the members. Anything over what I would donate and what I would get from the members would be put into the next project. I know lots of people have some concerns over recent issues I wont bring up. I will say I work in law enforcement so you would have no worries about being ripped off if you decide make this happen. Im not looking to make a penny out of this Im doing it for the love of O-Ring Gi Joes and the customizing community.

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:43 am

It is a very generous initiative from your part Robert. Count me in.
OWN still has $30 for the next commission (IIRC we were trying to determine what Rocky Balboa we would like).

G.I. JOE ARAH DON'T DIE, IT JUST RELOADS
Rambo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kramer70 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:24 am

I would be willing to do this. However I think we should start off getting the a Rambo head and torso and Dutch and Billy head and torso.
kramer70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:37 pm

I have no problem with those if they are the ones everyone chooses. Since Im going to pay the entire scuplting fee to Krexx out of my pocket all im asking is if everyone interested can help me with the cost of the winner of the poll. I wanted to get a Plague torso with combat sweater design but if it doesnt win Ill go with what is the most popular Kramer. If everyone pitches in 10.00 which to me is a small price to get newly sculpted parts then eventually we will all get everything we want. Im taking a chance by paying for everything up front with no guarantee to get any of the cost to commision the parts back from the members of OWN. I just want to get the ball rolling on getting new stuff and hopefully the members have the same love of the hobby to make this work. If the members of OWN dont want to support getting new parts sculpted then the hope of getting new parts to make Pythnona/Billy/Dutch/Rambo/ etc..or any other character not made by Hasbro is never going to happen. Its up to everyone how much they want this to happen and whats it worth to them.

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:06 pm

Count me in.

Rambo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 121RVC on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Copperbob, what may help:

- I only know you from this site. You seem to have the best intentions and you're taking the next initiative, which I highly appreciate. Then again, same thing goes for VeteransOTPW, I only know him from this site too. Maybe he will solve the problems that are currently going on, but at this moment things aren't exactly sound promising from his side..... What I'm trying to find out is, can we trust you? Are there other Joe-sites around where you are an active member? Joecustoms has this trade-feedback system, maybe other sites as well where you post/sell/trade? Again, I highly appreciate you stepping up front and taking the initiative, but after one failure (Slayer Dave), another possible failure (VOTPW), I'm looking for something that will actually work.....

- "If everyone pitches in 10.00". How many participants are you counting on in this example? Or in a different way, Krexx, how much for a newly sculpted head+torso? I think when people know or can see what the exact costs are and what they will get for that money, they will bite sooner and more members will bite.
Tim 121RVC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Tim I understand your concerns Thats why Im not asking for any money up front Im paying for everything out of my own pocket. If Krexx wants to tell you he price I have no problem with the quote he gave me and if members donate afterwards to help cover the money I paid out to start this i have no problem with members say how much they sent. As far as your concern I dont do any transaction on those sites except ebay but if it helps I do work in law enforcement so my reputation and job would be on the line if I attempted any kind of fraud. You can always visit my Facebook site if you still have any worris or send me a message. I talk to Rambo almost daily if you want to ask anyone about my intentions. I just want to get new parts but cant afford the cost of having new sculpts made by Krexx evry few months on my own. I told Krexx I would do this in mid March when I have a bonus check coming from my job now that our contract settled. I just want to know what the members want so when I ask Krexx to scuplt the part he knows what we want.

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo on Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Tim, Robert's initiative is almost riskless for us. He will pay Krexx, Krexx will sculpt and reproduce the parts and sell them. Robert will take money from us just after the process is done and only if each of us want to contribute to him. Only risk here is Krexx no delivering, which is highly improbable.

Rambo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KREXX on Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:49 pm

1.Copperbob pays to krexx the sculpts
2. Krexx delivers the sculpts to copperbob
3. OWN members help copperbob with any money they can ( please help your fellow member and arah entusiast with more than $10 !! )
4. You get your casted pieces from krexx ( krexx has done over 3000 joe scale pieces in the last ten years and was the REAL creative force behind the bullshit " arah " club from slayer Dave )
5 . Be smart , contact the artist and comission the artist directly , buy from the artist directly , copperbob is just showing some very generous iniciative and he is not just another middleman , he will get his casted pieces directly from krexx , the same as the rest of you.

KREXX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:27 pm

Thanks for the post Krexx. I was trying to tell my fellow OWN members I decided to take initiative of getting some new ARAH parts by a scupltor everyone knows and is the best in the business. Your name should speak for itself as far as your sculpting skill. Im just trying to get members involved as far getting parts they may want in the future so everyone benefits. The only chance anyone is taking would probably be me since I have no guarantee that I receive anything back from my OWN brothers and Im giving everyone a vote on what will be sculpted by Krexx. If I didnt care about trying to grow OWN and ARAH sculpts I just would commission Krexx for a sculpt I wanted and leave it alone. I support everyones decsion and would contribute money and parts even if it was something on my wish list because that item may be very important to other members. The quote Krexx gave me is more than fair and even if I dont get any support Ill get more sculpts from Krexx in the future. It will then be parts that I choose and are on top of my lists of wants. My dream is for everyone to unite and lets all enjoy the hobby for everyone

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 121RVC on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:41 am

Ah, I see!
Thanks for the clarification, Rambo, Krexx and Copperbob. You can count me in!
I'll donate some money when things are on track in March.
Tim 121RVC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:24 pm

I talked to Krexx Im sending him payment on March 24th and it will take him about a month after that to finish the sculpts. I would like to finalize the winner my March 1st with a image of the winner. The only thing out is a Rambo or Rocky torso due to past work Krexx did. I honor his decision not to reproduce what someone already paid him to sculpt

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kramer70 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Can he still do a rambo head?
kramer70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:39 pm

I can ask Krexx He is very forthcoming and honest to deal with. He can make anything we want unless another party already commissioned and paid him for that piece from him.

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:04 pm

You guys are a lot more motivated than me right now for O-ring custom parts. I'll try to keep up and join in.
cyko
Admin

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/43512778@N07

Back to top Go down

Post by ucsf on Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:40 pm

I can squeeze another round of backing to this project. I hope you guys will get your parts finally after the tragic past actions.

ucsf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:39 pm

Ok I see there has been some interest in getting new parts but not as many members as I expected. I talked to Krexx who quoted me 190.00 for a new torso/waist combo and 95.00 for a new head sculpt. Te cost to me is 285.00 plus shipping. Since of the limited interest I decided instead I will give the OWN members 5 options I choose and let the members decide which one gets made. I will pay Krexx for the commission for these parts at no cost /donations from any members. Once the parts are done I told Krexx he can keep the commissioned sculpt for casting and sale to anyone on this site who may want a copy and just send me a casting instead. Krexx is in agreement over this and has been great to work with. I I did the math and if we can just get 20 members willing to donate 20.00 every 2 months which equals out to .30 cents a day, less than a candy bar, we can get new parts every 2 months. Im just trying to get everyone together to get this do which is why Im funding the first commission on my own without any risks to the members. I tried to make my choices on what as many members would like to see myself included. I also wanted some variety so included 2 female options and a army builder. Hope you like my choices and you enjoy the winner in April when they are finished. Here are the options 1 Cool Breeze head torso waist (Project ARAH ), 2 Billy from the predator head torso, waist, (Project ARAH), 3 Cobra Sniper trooper head torso waist, (Project ARAH), 4 Zanya head torso waist, 5, Dela Edan from Image Red Shadows. Head torso and waist. I thought hard on these options whichare things I would like to see and things that the members of OWN would like to see also. May include another head option if I can get members willing to commit to 75.00 of the 95.00 price I will cover the last 20.00 and cost of shipping. If the members decide on addingf the other head Ill let the donating members suggest one head and put it to a vote

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by forcefull1 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:47 pm

Any of those choices would be great, Bob.
Make me choose, I would go in this order:
1 Cool Breeze head torso waist (Project ARAH)
4 Zanya head torso waist
5 Dela Edan from Image Red Shadows. Head torso and waist
3 Cobra Sniper trooper head torso waist, (Project ARAH)
2 Billy from the predator head torso, waist, (Project ARAH)

forcefull1
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:53 am

$20 every 2 months is feasible. I'm just in a funk about customizing. I can send out an email to all OWN members, but it's going to be very hard to sound optimistic right now.
cyko
Admin

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/43512778@N07

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:08 am

Cyko Id appreciate that I think with everything that went on Id take this upon myself without asking for anything as far as donations to help cover my cost to commission the parts. I decided since Im not going to ask for any donations Ill make the decision on the options and let the members vote on the 5 options, Im going to pay Krexx on March 24 or 25 and he daid it would take about a month to sculpt before they are ready for sale. The only thing Im getting out of my 285.00 investment is a free set of the casted parts. If I want extras I have to pay for them like every other OWN member. I just want to show OWN members there are honest people out there who are willing to do whatever they can to show there love of a hobby they share with like minded people. There is no risks to any of the members since the only time they will have to send money is when Krexx shows finished casted parts for sale by him or Angelforge. Krexx did say if the OWN members want to get another head sculpted e can do that also. Id pitch in 20.00 of my money for this and Krexx stated he has 30.00 in credit from OWN he would put towards the cost. That would leave a total of 45.00 the members of OWN would have to come up with to get another sculpted head. If the members decide on adding another head the only thing I would ask is if someone else collected the money and sent it to Krexx. I dont want to be viewed in the same light as people in the past who havent been the most honest it this hobby, Im trying to get Rambo to show pictures of the options since Im having trouble getting them to post on this site. The Billy/Cool Breeze and Cobra Sniper can all be seen on the old Project ARAH under photos which is still up on Facebook

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:19 am

Forceful ! hopefully in a couple of days we can start a poll and begin to vote on the options. Like I said Im happy with any of the options so what ever one wins I will win also. There are a few I would have like to see maybe a little more Like a Image Storm Shadow Head Torso and waist/plague combat sweater and a more accurate Horror Show torso and head but there is always next time. I will admit Im fortunate that my job in law enforcement does afford me to be finances to buy myself a new torso/waist/head combo every 2 to 3 months if I so choose. Just want everyone to be a part of getting new parts with a voice in what they may presonaly want. I already talked to Krexx about the possability of redoing Pythona which he can do but it wont be cheap.

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KREXX on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:01 pm

Copperbob is very clear .. I will mostly be doing the comission for him , and he will share it with the rest of you ( by the way , thanks copperbob , you are also very easy to deal with , and very generous).
Hope you guys can organize and get some nice , new sculpts on your own later on . Wink

KREXX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kramer70 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:52 pm

So is a Rambo head and torso out of the question ?
kramer70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:48 pm

For this poll it is since Im paying the full commission price without any donations from the OWN members I decided to pick 5 of my favorite options and let the OWN members decide on the winner. If the members decided to continue new customs as far as donating to the commission price from Krexx then everything is a option to be made Kramer
as longs as Krexx hasnt already scukpted that piece for a previous customer

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top