World Peacekeepers now at Big Lots, CORPS! sets at Dollar General

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Peacekeepers now at Big Lots, CORPS! sets at Dollar General

Post by The Doc on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:55 pm

It's that magical time of the year again. When Big Lots stocks it's World Peacekeeper stuff and Dollar Generals get exclusive CORPS battle sets.

As usual the figures from both lines and their rifles are crap. But nobody buys WP for them. But there's a metric shitload of dio pieces and vehicles available and that's all that matters.

At the start of Nov I got the World Peacekeepers Battlefield playset. And it's a must have. Ive got my Flaming MOTH Desert Theatre Range-Vipers and FLAK-Vipers situated around mine. Planning on getting the Battlefield HQ next week

The other big winner in this years lineup is a parge jetfighter

Last year DG had CORPS sets: A desert watchtower and attack jeep set and a set with a mini-jet and a grotesquely oversized bike. I think both come with a demolished  brick wal section with machine gun and flood light. Then there are a couple mini-packs: A parachute one and a zip-line. These each come with their newer figures with downgraded articulation from last year. Thanks Obama. But the tower and minijet are decent pieces at least

THeyre doing the same sets this year as well it seems
The Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Peacekeepers now at Big Lots, CORPS! sets at Dollar General

Post by Rambo on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 pm

Thx for the headups Doc. Any pics of the toys?

G.I. JOE ARAH DON'T DIE, IT JUST RELOADS
Rambo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doc on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:56 pm

Not on me, no. But I know some exist on the web by googling "World Peacekeepers Battlefield" or "World Peacekeepers Battlefield Headquarters"

There are lots of inexpensive smaller packs like dual bunk beds with a locker. The only figure pack Im interested in is the Rangers pack because they come with a couple each barrels and crates.

Much of the smaller pieces can be found year round on Marauders. But nothing beats the instant gratification buying off the shelf gives you.

I just hope the Battlefield HQs arent cleared out before Monday

Dollar General has some of the Chap Mei-ish "Marines" and "Navy Seals" stuff (Some of which can also be found at Big Lots) Of particular interest is a black Navy Seal jet speedboat. Its highly reminiscent of the Battlecorp Cobra jetboat (Which was also re-used in Mortal Kombat
The Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faust on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:35 am

My local Big Lots has tons of Battle Command Post and The Destroyed Battlefield Building.  I already picked up a couple and if there is anyone who wants one of them, message me and we can work something out.
Faust

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doc on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:50 am

If you have any spare barrels or crates I could use them
The Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko on Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:02 am

The Doc wrote:Dollar General has some of the Chap Mei-ish "Marines" and "Navy Seals" stuff (Some of which can also be found at Big Lots) Of particular interest is a black Navy Seal jet speedboat. Its highly reminiscent of the Battlecorp Cobra jetboat (Which was also re-used in Mortal Kombat
I saw that! The Cobra Piranha was the original, and the Chap Mei version isn't bad. Had they ripped off the Devilfish, I would've gone for it.

The PTE selection seems to be a limited assortment every year. Like the Headquarters set didn't show up last year, and the F/A-18 was hard to find. This year, I haven't seen a Blackhawk helicopter anywhere. The Humvees are in low stock, and none of the super cool snow cat versions showed up this year.
cyko
Admin

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/43512778@N07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doc on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:40 am

Wow. That winter Humvee looks neat. Id rather have had that than this year's green black and brown one. I remember Big Lots having the tan Humvee last year. I tend to limit myself to actual Joe vehicles since realism has never been a priority with my Joes. I would consider making an exception for that winter humvee though

It certainly looks like only certain items get released each year. Debating on getting the WP watch tower too and putting it atop the HQ

I was hoping The CORPS! would have different stuff this year from last year, as I already have all the tan watch towers Ill ever need. I use the red one from the year before last with my Red Shadows
The Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doc on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:23 pm

Be sure to check Dollar General saturday. It's the last day for their BOGO 75% off sale on toys

Will probably go get that Jetboat now
The Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top