O.W.N. group project?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

O.W.N. group project?

Post by Tim 121RVC on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:10 pm

Over at Joecustoms there's a so called Group Project going on every three months. The goal is to make one (or more) customs that fit into a certain theme (suggested and voted for in advance by all members). In the end this results in a nice variety of customs, all different interpretations of one theme, but still a cohesive group of customs in some way.

Is there any interest for such an event here on OWN?

The reason why I'm asking this is because I have had a theme in mind for a long time now, but that will never work on JC anymore. It's called "Same Base". We all make a custom using the same base. Not necessarily one figure, but I was thinking parts from different ARAH figures. To keep this project doable for most members, the parts will be from common figures, figures that most people will have in their fodder bin or that are easy to obtain. Example:

Head: Topside '90
Torso: Hit 'n Run '88
Arms: Night-Viper '89
Waist: Spearhead '88
Legs: Viper '86

Participants are allowed to modify the bodyparts.

LMK what you guys think!
Tim 121RVC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O.W.N. group project?

Post by Rambo on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:24 pm

This sounds very interesting!

G.I. JOE ARAH DON'T DIE, IT JUST RELOADS
Rambo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by forcefull1 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:36 am

I could get behind this, but I wonder if we could alter the parts usage. Rather than specify as in the example that, say, arms must come from Night Viper, could we just say you must use one part from Night Viper? So, we name 5 figures, and the customizer must use one part from each of those 5 figures. That might make things a little easier on our parts bins, and wallets, so we don't have to run out and buy parts we don't happen to have.

forcefull1
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top