TAC Force - vintage style figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TAC Force - vintage style figures

Post by ucsf on Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:30 am

Some news on Joe-related sculpts:

"T.A.C. Force is a brand new 3 3/4 inch action adventure figure line done in a vintage style like that of the 1980s-90s action figures."

official link >>

Pictures of the progress:

What do you think?

ucsf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAC Force - vintage style figures

Post by Tim 121RVC on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:07 am

Looks very nice.
Apart from the head, that last figure is almost a copy of the ARAH Viper???
And the other one's torso is the same as Duke V3.....

I admit I haven't read any further, but is this going to be a Kickstarter project?
Personally, if I was starting such a project for a "brand new 3 3/4 inch action figure line", I'd (let one) sculpt original stuff.
Tim 121RVC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob on Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:49 am

Interesting Im hoping this is more Sigma Six than copies of vintage stuff Still it is great to see O-Ring stuff popping up more and more. Hopefully if the Kickstarter is successful more original stuff will be produced. If not I may buy a few pieces but still would rather commission original parts from Krexx

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:20 am

copperbob wrote:Interesting Im hoping this is more Sigma Six than copies of vintage stuff Still it is great to see O-Ring stuff popping up more and more. Hopefully if the Kickstarter is successful more original stuff will be produced. If not I may buy a few pieces but still would rather commission original parts from Krexx
Oh, man! Can you imagine if they did Sigma 6 in 3 3/4" style? Kinda like Marauder Inc did with their figures and gear (posts for attachment).
cyko
Admin

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/43512778@N07

Back to top Go down

Post by KREXX on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:22 am

yeah.. the problem with the kickstarter figures is they ate limited to a couple or a few.. and takes a long time to produce , while you can get sone great sculpts from me faster ..
but , kickstarter is great for long term projects , you can expect to see a couple of mine there , in the near future.

KREXX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:24 am

Sorry should have read my post first Sigma Six would be cool but I was actually thinking of the failed SK Omega from a few years ago

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ucsf on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:34 am

SK Omega is a sad story. I was really hoping them big success, but the legal problems hurt the project badly.

Well, there are kickstarters, which are really kickstartes: after the first batch of figures, the creators get as much money to plan and build up more waves on their own. Like the Mythic Legions sets from Four Horsemen.

But what's with TAC Force? God knows at the moment.

The waist pieces looks very thin at the crotch, which would cause problems....

ucsf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:22 pm

copperbob wrote:Sorry should have read my post first Sigma Six would be cool but I was actually thinking of the failed SK Omega from a few years ago
Oh, man, SK Omega! They had everything in place to succeed, I don't really know what happened. Did someone run the numbers and decide they couldn't run a profitable business? The TAC Force guys ought to get in touch with someone and find out.

Brian "Nova" Kauffman mentioned on Facebook the similarity to Falcone's Shooter project, which didn't seem like an overwhelming success. I think he tried twice to get a Kickstarter funded after running the first figures himself and it didn't happen. Even after he updated the figure design from O-ring to modern construction. The Marauder & Boss Fight figures are generic enough that fans of lines other than GIJoe got in on them. If you're trying to run a "Viper" & "Duke" O-ring recreation figure set, you're limiting your supporter base.
cyko
Admin

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/43512778@N07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:56 pm

The Tac viper could be easily done with a Viper figure and the new Krexx Sniper head.

G.I. JOE ARAH DON'T DIE, IT JUST RELOADS
Rambo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Perceptor on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:35 pm

so much want...
Dark Perceptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down