Lift-Ticket, redux

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lift-Ticket, redux

Post by Dark Perceptor on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:37 pm

I nearly forgot to post this one... for the final Quarterly contest of 2015 at OG13.com, I had a few pieces lined up, but Lift-Ticket was the only one I got around to finishing. The figure came together fairly quickly, but I couldn't settle on which gear to use, and at one point was tempted to go with multiple options... so with the contest deadline rapidly approaching, I had to choose one and roll with it. Overall, I am fairly content with the end result, but there was a lot more I would have liked to have done... so when/if I ever re-visit some customs, this one will be near the top of the list.

Anyways, thanks for looking! Smile

Recipe:

Head - Shockwave v3
Torso - Cross Country v1
Arms - Spearhead
Waist - Stretcher
Legs - Ferret
Helmet - 50th Lift-Ticket
Vest - RoC Firefly
Dark Perceptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lift-Ticket, redux

Post by copperbob on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Great custom. What could have been if Hasbro stayed with this styl. I find the new style web gear useful as well in making O-Ring customs

copperbob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko on Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Nice figure! Lift Ticket, Slipstream, Mainframe all could've used removable helmets.
copperbob wrote:Great custom. What could have been if Hasbro stayed with this style. I find the new style web gear useful as well in making O-Ring customs
It's a tough call for me, kinda like swivel wrists and hinged ankles. Adding too much to an ARAH torso can get bulky. Then again, a lean standard-uniform torso with swappable webgear or vests could've gotten more mileage out of the O-ring style. Probably not cost-effective for them to consider it, though, hence molded-on helmets and limited accessories like Outback's webgear or Chuckles's holster.
cyko
Admin

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/43512778@N07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Nice custom Dark Perceptor!

G.I. JOE ARAH DON'T DIE, IT JUST RELOADS
Rambo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Perceptor on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:10 pm

copperbob wrote:Great custom. What could have been if Hasbro stayed with this styl. I find the new style web gear useful as well in making O-Ring customs

thanks, man! when i got out of customizing the new joes, i purposely kept all the web gear because of all the awesome potential it has. Smile

cyko wrote:Nice figure! Lift Ticket, Slipstream, Mainframe all could've used removable helmets.
copperbob wrote:Great custom. What could have been if Hasbro stayed with this style. I find the new style web gear useful as well in making O-Ring customs
It's a tough call for me, kinda like swivel wrists and hinged ankles. Adding too much to an ARAH torso can get bulky. Then again, a lean standard-uniform torso with swappable webgear or vests could've gotten more mileage out of the O-ring style. Probably not cost-effective for them to consider it, though, hence molded-on helmets and limited accessories like Outback's webgear or Chuckles's holster.

i agree with you there, to a certain extent. If hasbro had just made new gear to go over top of pre-existing torsos, they'd have saved a ton of scratch rather than make new molds year after year...

Rambo wrote:Nice custom Dark Perceptor!

thanks, boss! Very Happy
Dark Perceptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwinn_Lives on Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:32 pm

cyko wrote:Adding too much to an ARAH torso can get bulky.
I agree. I think it works on this figure, since he's a pilot and doesn't need to look mobile, but on many others it doesn't work. That's one of the things that puts me off modern figures, they make the torsos slim to accommodate the webgear, but then without the webgear they look ridiculous.
Kwinn_Lives

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo on Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Kwinn_Lives wrote:
cyko wrote:Adding too much to an ARAH torso can get bulky.
I agree. I think it works on this figure, since he's a pilot and doesn't need to look mobile, but on many others it doesn't work. That's one of the things that puts me off modern figures, they make the torsos slim to accommodate the webgear, but then without the webgear they look ridiculous.

LOL! But true.

G.I. JOE ARAH DON'T DIE, IT JUST RELOADS
Rambo
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top